Cootamundra Local Services
Cootamundra ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Cootamundra site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Cootamundra Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Cootamundra When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Cootamundra Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Cootamundra Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Cootamundra ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Cootamundra and a Place to Meet
The cootamundra.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Cootamundra
Interesting Facts About Cootamundra
Cootamundra is a small town in the Riverina region of New South Wales, Australia. Here are a few interesting facts about the town:
1. Birthplace of Sir Donald Bradman: Cootamundra is the birthplace of Sir Donald Bradman, who is widely considered to be the greatest cricketer of all time. Bradman was born in Cootamundra in 1908, and the town has a museum dedicated to his life and achievements.
2. Railway town: Cootamundra was founded in the 1870s as a railway town, and it has been an important railway junction ever since. The town is still a major hub for rail transport in the region.
3. Home to Australia's first female mayor: Cootamundra was the home of Australia's first female mayor, Annie Elizabeth McDonald, who was elected to the position in 1915.
4. The War Memorial: Cootamundra is one of the few towns in Australia to have a War Memorial dedicated to both World War I and World War II veterans. The memorial is located in the centre of town and features a statue of a soldier.
5. The town's name: The name Cootamundra comes from the local Indigenous language, Wiradjuri. The word "Cootamundra" is said to mean "turtle dove."
6. Sporting events: Cootamundra is home to several annual sporting events, including the Cootamundra Annual Show, which features equestrian events, and the Cootamundra Triathlon.
7. Railway Heritage Walk: Cootamundra has a Railway Heritage Walk, which takes visitors on a tour of the town's railway history. The walk takes in several historic railway buildings, including the Cootamundra Railway Station and the Railway Goods Shed.
8. Agriculture: Cootamundra is located in a rich agricultural region, and the town is known for its production of wheat, canola, and wool.
9. Prince Charles and Princess Diana: In 1983, Prince Charles and Princess Diana visited Cootamundra during a Royal Tour of Australia. The town held a special event to welcome the royal couple, and they stayed at the Cootamundra Hotel.